JOB SUMMARY: Incumbent is responsible for working at own initiative and assisting other staff in routine duties and responsibilities and must possess mechanical abilities, carpentry skills, experience in maintenance of mechanical and vehicular equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing security.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Tribal equipment, property and facilities.
- Operate and repair various types of equipment and tools.
- Assist with the collection and recording of data.
- Prepare and maintain equipment inventory.
- Develop a work plan and schedule regarding maintenance needs and priorities.
- Responsible for the operation, repair (when applicable), maintenance and record keeping for GSA, Tribal vehicles, and other vehicular and mechanical equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining and filling insurance/tort claims for GSA vehicles and facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedules, maintain accurate inventory and maintenance records.
- Ability to interpret and apply various rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) certified for construction or general industry safety and health hazard recognition and prevention, or completion of equivalent safety training.
- Certified for heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Certified for specialized construction skills or trades.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or GED or a minimum of two years work experience in facilities maintenance or a related field.
- Incumbent must be able to live and work as a team member in a remote area for an extended time, under primitive conditions and inclement weather.
- Must be self motivated, able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Must possess mechanical and carpentry skills.
- Must have work experience maintaining mechanical and vehicular equipment and power tools.
- Must be in good physical condition and be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
TO WHOM POSITION REPORTS: Natural Resource Director or delegate.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel to Reservation, meetings, and workshops as needed.
DRIVER’S LICENSE: Required. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and must be insurable by the Tribe’s insurance carrier, and a copy of applicant’s driving record issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles issued 30 or less days prior to of the date of application, must accompany the application.
OVERTIME STATUS: Non-exempt
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Primitive and rustic housing on the Reservation is provided.
Job Applications may be obtained by contacting the tribal office or from the tribal website. Submit applications to the tribal office by mail or in person.
SUMMIT LAKE PAIUTE TRIBE
1001 Rock Blvd.
Sparks, NV 89431
TELEPHONE: (775) 827-9670
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE
Summit Lake Paiute Tribe is a Tribal member and Indian preference employer, in accordance with Section 7(b)(c) of Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self-Determination Act. However, in all other instances the Tribe complies with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.