AECOM is seeking a Biologist to support our rapidly growing team supporting some of California’s most exciting and important projects. This position will be supporting one of our important utility clients full time on site at their office in San Francisco and will join our existing on-site AECOM team.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- An entry-level wildlife biologist that works with a team of engineers, scientists, and planners to support utility infrastructure upgrade projects throughout northern California.
- Uses technical knowledge to assess potential effects to wildlife species resulting from projects
- Conducts desktop biological assessments by reviewing data from multiple databases and other sources, and prepares technical biological reports
- Provides creative strategies and recommendations for avoiding or mitigating project effects on wildlife and wetlands or waters
- Conducts surveys for various wildlife species and supports other field efforts
- Conducts construction compliance monitoring
- May support environmental permit application preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in Ecology, Biology, or other Natural Resources-related field
- 0-2 years of experience in biology and natural resources, including working knowledge of the federal and California Endangered Species Acts
- Experienced working outside conducting field surveys, monitoring, restoration, or other fieldwork
- Familiarity with plant and wildlife species of Northern California