· Operate an Automatic Coded Wire Tagging (CWT) Trailer for juvenile salmon marking and tagging operations at tribal and state hatcheries throughout western Washington. This involves scheduling tagging operations, supervising temporary crews, keeping accurate records, quality control, and maintaining specialized equipment.
· Work involves flexible hours and extensive overnight travel in Western Washington.
· Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries Science or related field; OR an Associate degree in Fisheries and two years pertinent work experience; OR a High School Diploma/equivalent and four years pertinent work experience.
· An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Good mechanical skills and ability to work unsupervised with machinery of a highly technical nature is required.
· Knowledge of salmon biology is required.
· Work experience in fish culture is desired.
· Supervisory experience desired.
· Experience coded wire tagging salmon is desired.
· Good computing skills including knowledge of computer hardware and software.
· Experience in maintaining accurate data records.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
· Valid Washington State Drivers License.
· Proof of COVID vaccination is required for employment.
$41390 – $55754 Per Year – Full Time
Learn more and apply here.