Location: Oakdale, CA
Description: FISHBIO, a fisheries research and monitoring firm, is seeking a Fisheries Technician or entry-level Fisheries Biologist for our office in Oakdale, CA.
Responsibilities: Tasks include, but are not limited to, field data collection, equipment fabrication and installation, data analysis, report writing, and technical support for various projects.
- The right candidate will have a general knowledge of anadromous fish, resident salmonids, fish passage, endangered species consultation, habitat assessment, or fish management strategies and water resources.
- Experience and physical ability to collect field data (e.g., fisheries monitoring, water quality, surveying, hydraulics/hydrology) are required: must be in good health, able to lift 50 lbs., and be a good swimmer.
- Excellent communication abilities that include technical writing skills, one-on-one discussions, and group presentations are a must.
- A flexible work schedule is required, as occasional overnight travel and working nights, weekends, and/or holidays is anticipated.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of California rivers, the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta, and California native and non-native fish species.
- Should have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, and other statistical software.
- Ideal candidates should be detail-oriented, creative at problem-solving, resourceful, self-motivated, and comfortable in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment.
- Experience in construction, metal work, or electrical work is also desired.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
Starting date: On or before January 1, 2020
Contact: Interested applicants should send a resume to Jim Inman, firstname.lastname@example.org