Idaho Fish and Game’s mission is to protect, preserve, perpetuate and manage Idaho’s wildlife resources.
With or without reasonable accommodations incumbents must be capable of working long hours in various and often inclement weather conditions, hiking steep and/or slippery terrain, lifting and carrying items weighing up to 60 lbs., operating traps/weirs during high flow conditions, and occasionally working at night. The work schedule will be highly irregular at times and includes occasional weekend work and multiple overnight stays in the field. Valid driver’s license required.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
2) Maintaining an adult fish weir
3) Collecting adult and juvenile fish data
4) Entering, managing, and validating biological data
5) Electrofishing for juvenile steelhead
6) Maintaining PIT tag array infrastructure
7) Conducting aquatic habitat surveysThese positions will require extensive supervising of field crews throughout the season. Successful candidates will assist with other projects throughout the Clearwater Region and complete additional duties on an as-needed basis.