Video and Graphics Designer
Dee Thao is a professional videographer with extensive experience in various aspects of video development and production, photography, graphic design, and web design. She is the video director, editor, and lead cinematographer for FISHBIO films, and has created dozens of mini-documentaries and video shorts. Dee also serves as FISHBIO’s lead graphic designer and is responsible for creating unique designs for print, online, and outreach purposes. Dee is experienced with many types of digital video equipment; has expertise in lighting, external audio recording, and audio design; and is proficient with a variety of video and photo editing programs.
Dee has filmed in professional studios, indoor venues, and remote field locations, both domestically and internationally, and holds a commercial drone pilot license. She excels in visual storytelling through interviews, narration, video, and graphics, and has also produced promotional and instructional videos. Dee has led numerous trainings on effective photo and video communication techniques, including for FISHBIO and U.S. Fish and Wildlife personnel. She holds degrees in Communication Design (Media Arts) and Asian Studies from California State University, Chico.
Selected FISHBIO Films
- Fishing Among the Mountains: Conserving Myanmar’s Fishes
- Fish of the People: Lahontan Cutthroat Trout at Summit lake
- Finding the Balance: A Study on Pulse Flows
- The Future of Rainbow Trout in the Stanislaus River
- Replenishing A River: Stanislaus River Honolulu Bar Restoration
- Freshwater Protected Areas in Lao PDR
- Big Value in Small Streams: Giving Back to Big Chico Creek
- Highlights from the American Fisheries Society 2015
- ARIS Camera Tutorial & Review